Here are some easy ways to save both energy and money while computing:
- Turn off your computer and peripherals when you aren't using them
- When you're not using your monitor, turn it off instead of using the screensaver
- If you're using a CRT monitor, choose dark backgrounds for your screen display since bright-colored backgrounds consume more power. If you're using an LCD monitor, the opposite is true.
- Activate the power management feature on your computer system. Power management is a way for your computer to use less power when it's not being used. According to ENERGY STAR, using the power management feature can save up to USD$75 per computer per year
- Network and share printers when you can
Access your power management settings