KMAfrica.com - KnowledgeHub user registration guidelines
In order to maintain a friendly environment which will encourage growth of the www.KMAfrica.com site, posting access is controlled via user registration. Violation of these rules may result in removal of posted messages or data and or account suspension.
- As a new KMAfrica.com KnowledgeHub user, you will be required to validate your e-mail address prior to logging into to the site, and will be emailed a system-generated password.
- You may log in immediately upon registering, and may select your own password during registration.
- Membership is free and we encourage African KM professionals to register, participate, contribute, share and benefit.
- Name calling, slander and other forms of abuse are not acceptable.
- No Politics - www.KMAfrica.com is not the forum or space for discussions around politics
- Please ensure that any content that you add to this site is appropriate to the nature of KMAfrica.com o Discussions and comments must remain civil - Differing opinions and negative views are completely acceptable, and messages will not be removed simply because two or more people disagree. Disagreement is the cornerstone of discussion and learning. Discussion must, however, remain civil.
- To keep KMAfrica.com acceptable to the widest audience, and maintain positive rankings with net filtering services, posted messages must use language acceptable to a "family audience."
- If you are in doubt if a posting is appropriate, use this simple test - would you say this in front of your mother or children? If you're still in doubt - don't post it or, consider a way to reword it that would be more socially acceptable.
- Spamming is prohibited.
- Posting messages that are repetitive and devoid of for a purposeful content simply to re-arrange post order, increase post count, or do anything other than communicate with other KMAfrica.com members, is not allowed.
- Posting of information about pyramid schemes, chain letters, threatening or encouraging illegal activity is not permitted.
- Posting of advertisements of "pay for surf" and similar internet advertising businesses is not permitted.
- By registering, users agree that they will abide by these rules. o You agree that for any violation of the here posted rules, and messages and advertisements you have posted may be removed from the web site. You also agree that you have no right to post other content at KMAfrica.com, and that you are a guest who must abide by the KMAfrica.com site rules.
- Adult images and media content are strictly prohibited.
- Photographs may be included in content for the use of hypertext linking. Links to, and inclusion of images deemed to be adult, provocative, lewd, prurient, or otherwise disturbing are prohibited, and will be removed.
- Avatars must follow the same guidelines as linked content.
- In profiles, users are allowed to represent themselves with an image next to their identifying information. These images are designed to represent the person posting the message, and must follow the same "family friendly" guidelines as other images linked in the site. Provocative photographs which are hurtful to others are not an acceptable representation in your profile. o If you determine that someone is in violation, please file an infringement notification by sending a written communication that outlines your issues to firstname.lastname@example.org
- PLEASE DO NOT POST MATERIAL THAT MAY VIOLATE SOMEONE'S COPYRIGHT!
- Impersonating other users, persons or businesses is prohibited.
- Choosing a username, or signing messages with a name to willfully cause confusion, or deception is prohibited.
- The user agrees to hold KMAfrica.com, as well as its administrators harmless.
- You agree that you have no rights related to the use of the services at the KMAfrica.com website. They are offered as a goodwill effort to the community, and you agree that KMAfrica.comare in no way liable for loss of service, or damages arising from or relating to the services provided
Registration requires that the user have a valid e-mail address. Your password will be sent to this address. At certain times, in order to prevent spamming or other disruption of the forums, the registration of new accounts from "free" e-mail providers may be temporarily restricted.
- Accounts which are inactive for extended periods of time may be deleted.
Submitted by KMAadmin on 20 January 2009 - 9:49am.